Saturday, March 12, 2011

What's in a name?

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet."

In Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, this one line encloses the main struggle and tragedy of the play. Juliet basically tells Romeo that a name is meaningless and artificial. Of course we all know that she continues on to tell him she loves him, not his name, and then they pledge their undying love for each other.
My point? Brooks has many names for everyone in our family. Some are super cute and sweet, others, not so much. Nevertheless, I love him no matter how many times he calls me "Mr. Poopy Head". Yes, he calls me that, on a regular basis, and no, I don't like it. I tell him it's not nice and I have NO idea where he learned that from! On the flip side, he also regularly calls me "Princess Mama," which I happen to love! He will ask me, "Are you my princess, Mama?" and I reply with "Of course, and you're my prince!" I have to say, that is one cute kid! Carson's names are "Little Lamb," "Baby Brother," "Little Prince" and "Silly Goose". Brian's are "Daddy,"" DiDa" and "The King" (of course, that one was made up by Bri bc he knew I was the princess and B and C are princes...plus he wanted to establish his place in our 'kingdom' lol!) He calls me the 2 previous names, plus "Mommy" or "Mama"and "Jessie" (she's the cowgirl in Toy Story...he's always "Woody" when he calls me this).
So, what's in a name? Tomato/Tomahto, Mr. Poopy Head/Princess Mama. Apparently Juliet is right, as long as you have love, not much else matters :)

Our super cute, super rotten boys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers