Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break

This week was spring break, and before it started I was wondering how I was going to make it to the end of the week alive...but I made it! Brooks is usually in school 3 days a week, so I was expecting it to be a little rough with both boys, but the week was really great! We had our Monday playgroup at Furman. We let the kids run around and they saw lots of ducks and turtles. Then we had a wonderful picnic in the shade! That afternoon we played outside and C sat in the sandbox for the first time (it lasted about 1 minute bc he kept trying to eat the sand!)



 Tuesday our neighbors came over and we played outside for a couple of hours. Brooks and Christian are only 1 month apart and play so well together :) Wednesday we visited the Easter Bunny! I wasn't sure how Carson would act, but he LOVED him! He kept smiling and pulling his hair and trying to eat it HA! Brooks was SO excited to see him as well. We then went to my Mom's work so I could get a quick eye exam and the boys had a blast playing with all the women. B was wearing these crazy green/red glasses all around and though he was just SO funny HA! Then that afternoon my in-laws came over to give me a break and let me run some errands (when she called and told me she would give me the break, hallelujah played in my head!)! It was so nice to be able to leave my house w/o C. I get breaks from B, but NEVER from C.





Thursday we had an Easter egg hunt with some friends. We did it indoors because of the rain and the kids loved it! They each got 12 filled eggs....B was in heaven with all of his candy! That night we dyed eggs...we made monster faces and dinosaurs!



The egg hunt group!

C was trying to crawl away!

Brooks was trying to make a silly face like his eggs were...

Monster Faces

Dinosaurs
Friday Brian had the day off, so he stayed with the boys while I ran a few last minute errands before we went out of town. Again, SO wonderful...I actually left my house twice w/o any children in one week! How awesome is that!?! We went to my parents house that afternoon so we could see them and my sister, who was in town from school. B and C were so good and played really well. Plus they got a wagon from my parents for Easter....SUPER excited! B couldn't wait to ride in it! We went to North Carolina to my sister-in-law's for Easter weekend and had a blast! (See next post :)) Such a wonderful week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers