Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend

We went to Helen's (my SIL) house for Easter weekend. On Saturday Helen's boyfriend, Robert, took Brian to the driving range, and she, Mia (my niece) and her friend took the boys to a park that was beside the range! Brooks saw a Steam Engine as soon as they pulled up and couldn't wait to get on it! They fed the ducks and B played with a few little girls that were there. All the while, I'm sitting on my butt at Helen's house hanging out with my niece Anna and finishing up Water for Elephants! (That book was SO good!) I got a few hours to chill out and have some girl talk...it was wonderful! Once my in-laws arrived we had a wonderful dinner and Helen's friend Terri (we LOVE her...she's like part of the fam) got to join us! We drank some wine and chatted for a while. C decided to entertain us! Robert was holding him and Mia was taking pictures...and everytime she held up the camera (or if anyone held up a camera), he would pose by sticking out his tongue! It was HILARIOUS! I got one good shot, but since the camera delays (this is why I need a nice one!), only one came out good. He only stuck it out when we held up the camera...it was a moment I know I need to write down to remember in the future! After I got the boys to bed, us girls snuck out to see Water for Elephants! I finished the book just hours before I saw the movie...perfectly timed out!

Sticking that tongue out!


Sunday morning, B and C both woke up at the same time. They went to see if the Easter Bunny came...and he did! B was super excited...he was even playing with C's toys! C had a good time crawling around and playing as well. After all the fun, we got ready and went to church for the Easter Service! I wasn't sure how C would do at a nursery he's never been to, but I was never called to come get him! Brooks had a great time with his new friends :) We went back to the house, ate our traditional lunch of ribs, hung out, then packed up and hit the road.

The Easter bunny came!


C loves his new toy

Just crawling around

C's 1st Easter!
Me and my boys....I love B's face HA!

B, Anna, C, Mia

This is the only pic I have of us 4...will have more in a few days!

Me and Anna

Kim with the grandchildren

C fell asleep in Mia's arms....SO sweet!

 Once we got back B was dying to ride in the wagon, so that's what we did. C had a blast! Long after B jumped out I was still pulling C around the yard. So glad he's big enough for it. It was the perfect end to an awesome weekend!

LOVE my boys!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers