Saturday, July 23, 2011

St. Simons Island

This years summer vacation was to St. Simons Island. My parents always take the boys and me on their vacation (I know, how sweet!...and poor Bri never gets to go b/c of work). My family has been to the Island before with my sister for her mission trip. They didn't really get to do much of what was on the island, so they wanted to go back and I was super excited we were going somewhere I've never been! We stayed right in the Pier Village, so it was rare we even had to drive our cars! Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was right there....the ocean, neptune park (which is a pool/waterpark/playground/putt putt course/light house), the fishing pier, shops and restaurants! We went to the beach and pool/waterpark everyday and B had an absolute blast! I wasn't sure how B would do in the water b/c he's been a little scared of the pool this summer (but has come a long way from May), and the last 3 times he was at the beach was terrified of the ocean. But he was AWESOME!! He was a little unsure of the ocean at first, but I put him down and he LOVE IT! He started jumping waves all by himself and I was one proud Mommy!! He stayed in the ocean for 5 hours straight the first day (we all had to switch off who stayed with him). Then at the pool you can walk into it and it gradually gets deeper and he just walked in all by himself and went to where the water was up to his neck...all w/o a float!! Again, so proud! C wasn't so sure of the ocean at first, but he warmed up to it the second day. He was a real trooper...he didn't ever get enough sleep and stayed up much later than normal, but he really didn't complain that much! I was very happy about this :) B begged to go play in the water or at the park every second of the trip, so that's where we stayed. We didn't get to tour around much, but Mom, Blaire and I made time for some shopping! And we even saw a guy propose to his g/f at the top of the lighthouse! It was SO romantic and sweet :) I wish we could've stayed longer so we could go on some tours of the historic part of the island, but we'll just have to save that for next time.


My mom, C and Me


SO glad we brought the wagon!


Blaire, Mom, Dad, Me, B and C





C looks exactly like Brian here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers