Thursday, August 4, 2011

11 months

C is 11 months today! Where has the time gone? I feel like I'm always saying that in every post, but it's just how I feel. Everytime I blink he's a whole month older. This is officially his last month in babyhood :( He will be toddling around very soon and I'm both excited and sad. I'm sad b/c he's our last baby and I'm trying to soak up every ounce of babyness I can. But I'm excited for him to grow up with B and be able to play more with him. I am now starting to plan his first birthday party which just seems crazy to me!

C is now only drinking from a cup. We cut the bottle out a few weeks ago! He didn't really seem to mind, as long as he got the milk/juice. He is also eating all table food, with the exception of the times I've needed a quick meal when we are out somewhere. He only has 2.5 teeth, so he can't chew much, but I was told that babies gums are sharp enough to chew just like if he had teeth, so if thats good enough for C, it is for me! He got to the point where he didn't want anymore baby food and was always eyeing our food. He's been eating chicken, peas, fruit, nutrigrain bars, mac n cheese, cheese, every kind of cracker known to man, turkey and ham. That's all he's really tried so far and he's loved it all! I'm thrilled he likes food, unlike his brother who only likes junk and eats like a bird!

He's not walking yet, but he's been randomly standing up on his own in the middle of the room, so I'd say not too much longer! He climbs on everything! If you can climb on it, he's there! He's way more curious than B ever was, so this is all new to me...along with the climbing. He shows no fear and I can see him being the little kid who jumps into the pool w/o a float on (I pray that never happens!)! He's also been playing with B more this month. They roll the ball back and forth and pretty much anything B does, C tries to do.

He's added a few words to his vocabulary. He said "cat" yesterday! He now says, Mama, Dada, Brooks/brother and bird (Br is what it sounds like), Baba, Keke (also a name for our cat), and Hami/Heidi sounds like "hum". About 95% of the time when I say No No and shake my head, he stops what he's doing! (Now if he could teach B to learn that we'd be all good!). Also whenever I'm saying no to someone else, he shakes his head back and forth...it's SO cute!

I'm actually hoping these next few weeks go by slow so I can savor his babyness before he grows up and doesn't want me to snuggle with him! Aw, who am I kidding, B still likes to cuddle every once in a while...that's the good thing about having boys :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers