Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sanity Vacation: Rehab weekend

One day at the end of December the kids were driving me crazy as usual...no naps and a LOT of whining and crying. We were headed to my parents house to hang out for a while (and for me to get some help with the kids), and as I walked through the door my Mom saw I was quite frazzled. Actually, that was an understatement. I was about to lose my mind...no really, I felt like I needed to go to the crazy hospital because I was mentally unfit to be living a normal life and take care of 2 young kids. My mom said, you need a break! It was as if the angels from above came down, lit up the room and sang hallelujah! I was like, why yes, that's exactly what I need, so she told me I should go and visit my best friend Leanna (who just moved to Florida) for a weekend and let her watch the kids. I looked at her and said, you better be serious because if you are, as soon as I get home I'm booking the flight! And that's exactly what I did. I left on a Friday and didn't return until Monday evening! It was pure euphoria. Leanna's parents have owned a condo in St. Petersburg since before we were born, and I used to go there with them every year up until about 10yrs ago when I moved to Greenville. She moved there at the end of August and is seriously living in paradise! We stayed up late drinking wine and sat on the deck talking for hours every night. We slept til about 10 every morning! We went to the beach, shopping in Tampa and out to some really nice restaurants. The weather was beautiful...it was 83 degrees the day I left. I came back to 47 degrees and rainy/overcast. But, it was so nice not to have to be woken up early, hear whining and hold the baby all day, put down 2 kids for naps/bed, then have to listen to their excuses as to why they can't go to bed,  just to turn around a do it all over again. I definitely needed this break, it was way overdue! We've decided that we'll do this at least once a year, but I'm really hoping for more ;)

This is the view from Leanna's deck...shes about 20 feet from the water :)

Another view from the deck...in the background is a guy parasailing with a motor attached to him!

Sunset from a spinning restaurant. It spins you around so you can see ocean and city views!

Fort DeSoto Park...our fav beach hangout growing up

Leanna and I at Spinners restaurant. It felt so great to dress up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers