Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentines Day

 This Valentines was wonderful, especially in comparison to the last one. Last year Brian was still "sleeping" (aka, still in the coma), and I was a super nauseated as I was about 9 weeks prego. It started the Saturday before, when my in-laws took Brooks to Costco, they were passing by the flower section when Brooks said, "Hami, stop! I want to buy flowers for my Mommy...it will make her happy!" I never expected at 3yrs old my son would do that, so I was super excited when he came running up to me with the bouquet in his hands!
The flowers Brooks picked out for me :)

the actual day our neighbors came over for about an hour, then we went and ate lunch at my moms work. Brooks exchanged his gifts with Grandmommy and Ms. Kathy and they all played for a while. Carson was having a blast getting lots of attention from the girls :) He got presents too, but didn't really care...he only wants to be held. Afterward we headed over to Iced with some friends and had a Mommy and Me cupcake decorating playgroup. The kids ran around for a while and waited to get started while C chilled with Colton (and by chilled I mean, Caroline and I parked their strollers beside each other in hopes they would entertain themselves). They had so much fun decorating the cupcakes, but even more fun eating them! B ate the top off, then asked for me to put more icing on it (which at the time I thought, what the heck, it's a holiday, but later regretted), then he ate all the icing again. He said he was full, so I got the other cupcake plus what was left over from his...I'd say that was a successful playgroup lol! Of course then we get home and I'm trying to make a nice dinner for Bri and I and he's bouncing off the walls, all while C is crying/whining (sometimes you really can't tell the difference) and won't let me put him down. But I got the kids down and we had a great dinner together!
Brooks got a Cars lunchbox with candy and Dr. Mater in it!
Carson and Colton hanging out (seriously can't wait til they can actually play together)
All of the kids :)

Brooks' cupcakes


 We decided that we would go out and celebrate Valentines the weekend after because we didn't want to get stuck in the crowds of people. Brian planned a surprise dinner date, all I knew was what kind of clothing to wear. He got off work early and Kim came over to watch the boys, and I got to take my time getting ready (which, for a mom, is something that never happens!). We got dressed up and he took me to The Lazy Goat. The wine and food was amazing, and he had requested the most romantic table by the river! Our view was of the river and artist's row, plus the moon was almost full and it was right over the water! B definitely won the best date award ;)
Before we left for our hot date ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers