Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stranded

This weekend Brian and I started to notice our brakes needed some repairing, so Monday morning we took the car in. After being there for a day, we have been told that it's going to be at least 2 more days til we can have it back. Now I am so used to being able to just jump in the car when I want and go where I want, but now I feel stranded. It's a lot harder than I thought not being able to go anywhere. Luckily we have wonderful parents who are helping to take Brooks to school, but if I want to go to the grocery store, I can't. I don't know if any of you have been without a car for a week, but it has made me think about how lucky I am. I can go anywhere I want and there are a lot of people in the world who can't. It made me realize how much we take for granted everyday. Usually if I have a craving for something and we don't have it, I just run out and get it. I am very spoiled to be able to do so. Yesterday wasn't too bad because it was raining and Brooks and I didn't want to get out, but today is a different story. I'm hoping by the end of this week when I get my car back that I will start to change my habits. It will be hard, but I think it's necessary. I really don't need to spend the money on gas and food just because I want something. I need to be more frugal and only go the places I NEED to go. Hopefully I can start saving some money that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers